söndag 6 juli 2014

When all is said

On an air plane, over northern Inda, on my way to the INSEA 2014 conference in Melbourne.
Thinking back on the PU-project about Power.
Trying to see what came out of it, what has happend since…

The project that started with models of space. Working in the world to scale, making it possible to stage settings. At some point stairs and staircases became relevant as both dividers of levels but also the transit between spatial hierarchies.
My final work in the project is a model with 7 levels / floors connected by stairs. I poured ink and syrup down the stairs and filmed it.
The title is when all is said and is presented with a film and an interior photo, showing a chaos when a space is invaded and flooded, falling apart and in the end being a silent mess. The silence and stillness that comes after the confrontation.

For me the collaboration and the forced theme really helped me to find new ways of entering artistic process.
And the writing was really helpful.
I have kept a blog since 2005, but i feel something new happend during this project in the connection between thinking, doing communicatng where putting words and dialogue to my work in the flow of things instead of after gives good energy to the work. 

mattiasg.se

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar